F678

Guard van

F678 was built at the Addington Workshops in Christchurch in 1955 and is a 30′ steel clad guards van. It was orginally sub-leased from Feilding and Districts Steam Rail Society via the Rail Heritage Trust who own the van. 678¬† arrived at Silver Stream Railway in October 2013 and has been used on our passenger trains on operating days since. In 2018 SSR negotiated to lease¬† the van directly with the RHT, gifting carriage A2001 to FDSRS as part of these negotiations.