Yd1034 was built in the USA by the Differential Steel Car Company and assembled at Otahuhu workshops around 1950. It if fitted with large air cylinders that use air from the train brakes to tip the wagon to enable it to discharge its load. The wagons were used for carting large rocks, ballast or fill for track maintenance work. 1034 was withdrawn from service in the early 2000’s and obtained by SSR around 2003. It is used regularly on work trains.