E606

E606

E606 was originally built as L 11994 a steel bodied high side wagon in 1916 and was converted to its present form in 1937. This consisted of making the sides higher and fitting a curved steel roof. In this form 606 was used as a weigh bridge test car being fitted with weights on the inside to calibrate weigh bridges in the North Island. Stored in the scrap line at Hutt after withdrawal 606 was purchased by SSR and initially used as a coal store. It is currently used as a store for signal parts.
 

Type:
Wagon
Notes: 
Used as storage