Awaiting Restoration

N596

11' Timber Truck wagon. N596 was built in 1890 and was once used with another similar wagon to carry long loads such as logs or rails and was fitted with a timber bolster and stanchions. Later the bolster was removed and it was used as a runner wagon. Initially preserved at the Bush Tramway Club near Huntly, 596 was moved to Silver Stream Railway in 2012 for restoration.

Type:
Wagon
Status:
Awaiting Restoration
M1349

Type:
Wagon
Status:
Awaiting Restoration
X530

Type:
Wagon
Status:
Awaiting Restoration
K538

K538 is a wooden box wagon built pre 1890. It came to SSR from Seaview by road in 1984 and is currently awaiting restoration in our storage shed.

Type:
Wagon
Status:
Awaiting Restoration
Z36

Type:
Wagon
Status:
Awaiting Restoration
Z232

Type:
Wagon
Status:
Awaiting Restoration
Jc5502

This wagon is made up from parts of Jc5502 (underframe) and Jc5353 (crate). Jc5353 was built in the 1950's at Otahuhu workshops in Auckland. It was purchased by SSR in 1979 and came to the railway shortly after. After being damaged in a derailment it was put to one side with an uncertain future. Jc5502 was also built at Otahuhu in the 1950s and after its sheep carrying career was over it became a lube oil wagon for the rail ferrys. After the Arahura was retired the wagon became surplus and was purchased by SSR in 2016.

Type:
Wagon
Status:
Awaiting Restoration
A1448

A1448 was built in 1915 at the Newmarket Workshops in Auckland  as a 47'6" long,  high capacity surburban carriage with seating for 72 passengers and was based in Auckland for most of its working life. In 1970 it was converted for Way and Works service and Classified Ea3872. This conversion consisted of removing all the seats, blanking some of the windows and installing 2 large sliding doors. In this guise it was used by the Thermit Welding Gang in Wellington untill it was Purchased by SSR member Keith Magnussen in the late 1970's.

Type:
Carriage
Status:
Awaiting Restoration

Hc1209. The Hc class were built between 1944 and 1953 and were the last class of 4 wheel cattle wagon built.

Of the 151 built, 1209 built in 1951, is now the sole remaining example in the North Island with just one other preserved in the South Island.

It is currently stored in our future display building awaiting restoration.

Type:
Wagon
Status:
Awaiting Restoration

A2010 was built in the Addinton workshops in Christchurch in 1943 being a 56' steel clad,  timber framed Carriage which was originally built as Ambulance car. These had a sterilising room in one end , bunks for 20 paitents and large doors and the oppisite end to the sterilising room for loading and unloading the stretchers. In 1948 2010 was converted to single compartment first class car  with seating for 32 passengers.

Type:
Carriage
Status:
Awaiting Restoration