Wagon

Z232

Type:
Wagon
Status:
Awaiting Restoration
Jc5502

Type:
Wagon
Status:
Awaiting Restoration
Yb548

Type:
Wagon
Status:
In Service
Kp3519

Type:
Wagon
Status:
In Service
Yd1034

Yd1034 was built in the USA by the Differential Steel Car Company and assembled at Otahuhu workshops around 1950. It if fitted with large air cylinders that use air from the train brakes to tip the wagon to enable it to discharge its load. The wagons were used for carting large rocks, ballast or fill for track maintenance work. 1034 was withdrawn from service in the early 2000's and obtained by SSR around 2003. It is used regularly on work trains.

Type:
Wagon
Status:
In Service
E3703

E3703 started life as a wooden bodied insulated meat wagon W606 built in 1934. In 1964 it was rebuilt to its current form. That involved removing the wooden body and floor and fitting a steel tank . The wheels were also fitted with package roller bearings. In this form 3703 was mainly used for the transport of creosote from Gas Works to Sleeper treatment plants before being withdrawn in the 1990s and stored for several years at Hutt shops before being obtained by SSR in 2002. It is currently used to store fuel for Ka 935.

Type:
Wagon
Status:
Operational
E606

E606 was originally built as L 11994 a steel bodied high side wagon in 1916 and was converted to its present form in 1937. This consisted of making the sides higher and fitting a curved steel roof. In this form 606 was used as a weigh bridge test car being fitted with weights on the inside to calibrate weigh bridges in the North Island. Stored in the scrap line at Hutt after withdrawal 606 was purchased by SSR and initially used as a coal store. It is currently used as a store for signal parts.
 

Type:
Wagon
Status:
Static Display
Notes: 
Used as storage

Hc1209. The Hc class were built between 1944 and 1953 and were the last class of 4 wheel cattle wagon built.

Of the 151 built, 1209 built in 1951, is now the sole remaining example in the North Island with just one other preserved in the South Island.

It is currently stored at the North End of the SSR site awaiting restoration.

Type:
Wagon
Status:
Awaiting Restoration